Library Director Sara Slymon is pleased to announce an update to the contactless pickup program at the Public Library of Brookline.
As of Monday, Aug. 17, patrons are now able to pick up their reserved items without an appointment when the Brookline Village, Coolidge Corner and Putterham library locations are open. Pickup tables will be set up at the front doors at the three locations. Patrons will be greeted by a staff member at the door, who will take their name and retrieve the items from inside the building.
The following measures are in place to help protect patrons and staff during the pickup process:
- Everyone must wear a mask, per the order of the Brookline Department of Public Health.
- A social distance of at least six feet must be maintained at all times.
- Plexiglass screens will be placed on all tables to provide further protection.
- Patrons will wait outside while staff collect their items.
- Hand sanitizer and gloves will be available at all service points.
“The first day of the service was very successful,” Slymon said. “We served more patrons than we would have been able to with our limited amount of slots in the previous appointment based system. Best of all, we got to wave and smile and catch up with you. These times are wearing on everyone, and a little love from the public goes a long way for all of us. We will continue to keep you updated as we work towards welcoming you back into the buildings.”
Mutual Aid Brookline is available to deliver books to those who are at higher risk of serious health complications should they contract COVID-19.
The Friends of Brookline Public Library Book Sale is being held outside every day, weather permitting, that staff are onsite.
All libraries will be closed on Sundays. The remaining hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday and Tuesday from 1-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Closed Thursdays
- Monday and Tuesday from 1-8 p.m. For staffing reasons, this branch will be closed from 5-6 p.m. on these days.
- Closed Wednesdays
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For staffing reasons, this branch will be closed from 12-1 p.m. on these days.
- Monday, Tuesday and Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday from 1-8 p.m.
- Closed Fridays
The buildings will remain closed to the public for in-person browsing, computer use and in-person reference help through the rest of the month and most of September as a precaution due to the recent increase of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state. Residents can call 617-730-2370 (ext. 3) or chat with a librarian through library website to ask any questions they may have.