BROOKLINE — Ahead of the Annual Town Election, the Town of Brookline would like to remind residents of several important details about voting, including modified in-person voting hours, relocated polls and the recommendation to vote early by mail.
While the Town Clerk’s Office strongly recommends voting early by mail, residents may still vote in-person on Tuesday, June 9, by going to their designated polling place between the revised hours of noon and 8 p.m.
Those who plan to vote in-person on June 9 should plan to wear masks or face coverings in accordance with town and state mandates. For the safety of all voters and workers, voters will be asked to wear gloves while they vote. Gloves will be provided at the polling locations
Additionally, voters in precincts 3,7,10 and 15 should note that their voting locations have changed. Click here to see a full listing of polling locations.
The polling place for precinct 3 has been relocated to the Coolidge Corner School gymnasium, 345 Harvard St.
Precincts 7 and 10
The polling place for precincts 7 and 10 has been moved to the Schluntz Gymnasium at Brookline High School, 115 Greenough St.
The polling place for precinct 15 has moved to the lower level cafeteria as Baker School, 205 Beverly Road.
Voting early by mail is the safest way to vote in the upcoming election, and all residents are urged to do so.
How to vote early by mail in Brookline
- Visit Brooklinema.gov/earlyvoting to download an early voting application to vote by mail. Those who cannot download and print the form may contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 617-730-2010.
- Complete and sign the printed application as soon as possible.
- Scan and email the completed and signed application to email@example.com OR mail it to the Town Clerk’s Office at PO Box 470860, Brookline, MA 02447 OR fax it to 617-730-2043.
- Upon receiving completed applications, the Town Clerk’s Office will mail a ballot, a return envelope and instructions to the address provided within 3-5 business days. Voters should note that the same ballots used for absentee balloting are also used for early voting by mail.
- Complete the ballot as soon as possible and return it to the Town Clerk’s Office by mail to PO Box 470860, Brookline, MA 02447 before 8 p.m. on June 9.
The last day to register to vote for the election is on or before May 29 at 8 p.m. To register to vote, click here. Those who have not already registered to vote should do so as soon as possible to ensure their ability to vote early by mail.
Residents with questions about the election may contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 617-730-2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.